2017-2018 Post Drill Report
2016-2017 Post Drill Report
2015-2016 Post Drill Report
2014-2015 Post Drill Report
In compliance with the State of Michigan School Safety Requirements, Plainwell Community Schools conducts a number of safety drills in each school building throughout the year.
The State requires:
(1) A minimum of 5 fire drills for each school year for a school that operates any of grades kindergarten to 12. Three of the fire drills shall be held by December 1 of the school year, and 2 shall be held during the remaining part of the school year, with a reasonable spacing interval between each drill.
(2) A minimum of 2 tornado safety drills for each school year. At least 1 of the tornado safety drills shall be conducted during March of the school year.
(3) A minimum of 3 drills in which the occupants are restricted to the interior of the building and the building secured is required for each school year at a school that operates any of grades kindergarten to 12. At least 1 of these drills shall be conducted by December 1 of the school year, and at least 1 shall be conducted after January 1 of the school year, with a reasonable spacing interval between each drill.
(4) A school that operates any of grades kindergarten to 12 shall conduct at least 1 of the drills required by this section during a lunch or recess period, or at another time when a significant number of the students are gathered but not in the classroom.
(5) For a school that operates any of grades kindergarten to 12, the governing body of the school shall ensure that documentation of a completed school safety drill is posted on its website within 30 school days after the drill is completed and is maintained on the website for at least 3 years. For a school operated by a school district or intermediate school district, the documentation may be posted on the district website. The documentation posted on the website shall include at least all of the following:
(a) The name of the school.
(b) The school year of the drill.
(c) The date and time of the drill.
(d) The type of drill completed.
(e) The number of completed drills for that school year for each type of drill required under subsections (3) to (5).
(f) The signature of the school principal or his or her designee acknowledging the completion of the drill.
(g) The name of the individual in charge of conducting the drill, if other than the school principal.
(6) Not later than September 15 of each school year, the chief administrator of a school that operates any of grades kindergarten to 12 shall provide a list of the scheduled drill days for the school buildings operated by the school, school district, intermediate school district, or public school academy to the county emergency management coordinator.
(7) A cardiac emergency response plan shall be adopted and implemented. The plan shall address and provide for at least the following:
(a) Use and regular maintenance of automated external defibrillators
(b) Activation of a cardiac emergency response team during an identified cardiac emergency
(c) A plan for effective and efficient communication throughout the school
(d) A training plan for the use of an automated external defibrillator and in cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques (for schools that include grades 9-12)
(e) Incorporation and integration of the local emergency response system and emergency response agencies with the school’s plan
(f) An annual review and evaluation of the cardiac emergency response plan