Plainwell Community Schools offers gifted and talented students challenging educational opportunities through its Visions program. The program consists of identifying students with extraordinary ability; offering challenging classes and events for gifted and talented students; differentiated instruction in classrooms; and information/meetings for parents of gifted and talents students.
We invite you to call Kim Cramer at the Visions Office located in Starr Elementary at 269.685.5835 or by e-mail at gro.sloohcsllewnialp@remarck for more information.
2017-2018 Visions Program Classes begin on October 2.
All classes meet at Starr Elementary School in the Science Lab or Art Room and begin promptly at 7:30 a.m.
Grade 3 — Tuesdays:
Rock On! — 10-3-17 through 12-5-17
Write Away! — 1-9-18 through 3-13-18
Grade 4 — Thursdays:
10-5-17 through 12-14-17 (no class on 11-23-17) and 1-11-18 through 3-15-18.
Brainstormers — meets in Art Room
Shark Attack — meets in Science Lab
Grade 5 — Mondays:
10-2-17 through 12-4-17 and 1-15-18 through 3-19-18. NOTE: One day has been added to the end of the 10 week schedule to make up the snow day on 1-8-18.
Energy Matters — meets in Art Room
C.S.I. Plainwell — meets in Science Lab
- If school is canceled due to weather or any other emergency situation, Visions classes are also cancelled.
- Two hour delays — If school is delayed due to weather or any other emergency situation, Visions classes are also delayed for two hours and will start at 9:30 a.m.
- Half days — Visions classes will be held on school half days.
Visions Program Staff
- Laurie Lanphear, Gifted and Talented Program Coordinator
- Kim Cramer, Visions Program Aide
- Char Madison, Middle School Liaison
- PHS Counseling Office, High School Information
For information regarding Midwest Academic Talent Search and ATYP, contact Dr. Kelly Schultz at Western Michigan University, Lee Honors College, 387-3230. See the link below for MATS through the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University. The link to ATYP gives information and registration forms for challenging summer programs available for students entering grades 6 through grades 9, as well as information about ATYP.
- Michigan Alliance for Gifted Education
- If you would like to be added to the e-mail list for the Michigan Alliance for Gifted Education, please send an e-mail to: gro.dlihcdetfigim@ecnailla
- Midwest Academic Talent Search
- WMU Honors College ATYP Program
- Partners in Learning of Southwest Michigan – a parent advocacy group for gifted and talented children
- Destination Imagination: Global, Regional, Corporate
- Michigan State University – Spartan Youth Programs – Summer and school year programs, opportunities to earn college credit, residential experiences on the MSU campus, financial assistance, study abroad possibilities
- Michigan State University – Office of Gifted and Talented Education