- News & Announcements
- Important Dates
- Schedule and School Hours
- September 10: Open House 6-7:30 p.m.
- September 12: New Student Breakfast
- September 21: ACT Testing
- September 25: Picture Retakes
- October 1: Parent Connections Meeting 7:45 a.m., Powder Puff and Bonfire 7 p.m.
- October 3: Homecoming Parade and Game
- October 4: Homecoming Dance
- October 8: Parent Teacher Conferences (4-8pm)
- October 15: All School Assembly (Herman Moore – Former Detroit Lion)
- October 15: District XI Marching Band Festival
- October 18, 20: Cabaret Desert and Dinner (6:00) Show at 7:30
- October 23: 1/2 Day AM Only
- October 24: PD All Staff
- November 5: Parent Connections Meeting at 7:45 AM
- November 12: Red Cross Club Blood Dr.
- November 15: Arts and Craft Show PHS
- November 19-21: Final Exams
- November 21: 1/2 Day AM Only (Exams) End of Trimester 1
- November 26-28: Thanksgiving Break
- 1st Hour: 7:45 – 8:56
- 2nd Hour: 9:01 – 10:12
- 1st Lunch: 10:12 – 10:37
- 3rd Hour A: 10:17 – 11:28
- 2nd Lunch: 11:28 – 11:53
- 3rd Hour B: 10:42 – 11:53
- 4th Hour: 11:58 – 1:09
- 5th Hour: 1:14 – 2:25
- Building opens at 7:10 a.m.
- Full day: 7:45 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
- Half day: 7:45 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
- 7th hour: 2:30 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.
- Extra Time Today (ETT): 2:30 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.
HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM
Michigan Merit Curriculum Requirements
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
The counseling department would like to remind our students and parents that our job is to advocate for students and to encourage success in and after high school.Click Here to Visit the Guidance Office!
The PHS Library/Learning Center has every resource you need from a complete database of our best reference material to the brand-new Follett eBooks for use on your iPad!Click Here to Visit the Library!
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Parent Group meetings are held in the HS Conference Room on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:45 a.m. (except during the months of September, April & June). Everyone is welcome, but please know that childcare is not provided. We also have a parent blog where we put up information relating to one of the things that makes PHS great — the students!Click to Learn More
Parent Involvement Policy
We have relevant and pertinent information available in the front office and guidance office. Our front office staff is a ready resource to assist guests in a positive and timely manner. School information is also communicated daily via the announcements which are posted on this page daily, announced during 2nd hour, and available in hard copy format in the media center.Click to View Full Policy
SUPPORT PLAINWELL HIGH SCHOOL
PHS Booster Club
The mission of the Plainwell High School Boosters is to support, encourage and promote the student body in academics, athletics and activities at Plainwell High School; to encourage and stimulate good sportsmanship, respect and integrity for fellow students; to encourage student involvement in developing and promoting school commitment, dedication and spirit while creating opportunities for students; and to recognize the accomplishments of the student population within Plainwell High School. PHS Boosters is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization.Click to Visit Website
Plainwell High School relies on its parent-community to donate their resources and time to our students. We are very grateful for the hundreds of parents that donate to our school programs every year. Our new donation page allows you to donate any amount of money online and specify the program where you want to contribute! Please consider making a tax deductible donation of $5, $10 or any amount to our high school.Click to Donate
Plainwell High School challenges students to be today’s achieving learners and tomorrow’s successful leaders. We provide an in-depth curriculum, including advanced placement courses for college-bound students, that fosters academic achievement. To this end, we have created an Honors Diploma to encourage our students to take the most rigorous courses available. Vocational training is available to students who seek employment after graduation. All students are encouraged to explore their interests by participating in extracurricular activities that broaden their educational experience.