Sue Gower, Student Services Coordinator
The Student Services Center would like to remind our students and parents that our job is to advocate for students, and to encourage success in and after high school. We would like to encourage parents to:
- Contact the teacher first with concerns about assignments, grades or student progress
- Ask teachers for specific feedback and to offer specific recommendations
- Seek additional help from teachers before or after school
- Contact counselors when questions arise
Freshmen Academic Planning
We are excited to announce that the Student Services Office has a new initiative this year to meet with all ninth grade students and their parents for individual planning sessions. During this meeting, we will talk about four-year and post-secondary planning.
It is easy to sign up for a 30-minute meeting with our college adviser and your student’s counselor:
Also, please be aware that we will be running a very tight schedule for freshmen meetings and we will need to reschedule any families who are more than five minutes late to their appointment. You may call or email Sue Gower at her information below if you need to change or cancel your appointment.
We are very excited to meet with you and your student!
Each fall, we invite several colleges and universities to visit Plainwell High School to talk to interested Juniors and Seniors. All students are encouraged to participate in college visits. Times and sign ups are in the Student Services Center. We have finished with our college visits for the school year, please check back next fall for a new list of visits.
We are on Facebook! Pursue the many scholarships available at:
- Link to Community Scholarships
- Michigan Tuition Incentive Program (TIP)
- Plainwell High School Student Services Facebook Page
PHS Honors Diploma Program
Dual Enrollment Information
Testing Out Policies and Procedures
Meeting the Michigan Merit Curriculum Requirement
- Meeting the Merit Core Requirements at PHS
- MMC FAQ Updates August 2014
- Using Allegan County Area Technical and Education Center to meet graduation requirements
Earning High School Credit in Middle School
Weighted Grade Policy for Dual Enrollment Classes
Parent Checklists for Preparing Students for Post-Secondary Education