January 20, 2021
Dear Parents & Guardians,
In partnership with Meijer and the Allegan County Health Department, Plainwell Community Schools will be hosting a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Thursday, January 21 (by appointment only) at Plainwell Middle School. PCS staff qualify for category 1B of the MDHHS guidelines for vaccine priority and a vast majority of PCS staff will be receiving vaccines tomorrow. We were NOT made aware of the number of staff members that would be eligible for the vaccine until today. With the administration of these vaccines, it will have a positive impact on learning at PCS for the long term and we are excited for the opportunity to host this clinic; however, this has an immediate impact on staffing for our buildings and will require several adjustments to schedules due to the nature and logistics of vaccine administration.
- All Elementary Buildings will be closed for in-person instruction on Thursday, January 21 and Friday, January 22. Expect further communication from each elementary building and assigned teachers regarding schedules and expectations for students on those days.
- SAFE/TASC will be available as normal at each building for currently enrolled TASC students.
- Middle School will operate on the hybrid day as normal but with additional staff and subs to cover gaps in staffing.
- High School will operate with their remote learning plan as scheduled.
- RHS and PVLA will operate as normal.
I apologize for the late notice and inconvenience of this situation, but we ask for your continued support and understanding in our efforts to keep our students and staff safe and healthy.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE LETTER