The Gilkey Parents Club (GPC) is a volunteer team of parents, educators, staff members and committed adults who aim to enrich the educational and social experience of all Gilkey Elementary students and their families. Any Gilkey Elementary staff person, parent, guardian or related adult is invited to be a member of the Gilkey Parents’ Club.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month in the Library at Gilkey from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. with free child care provided in the teacher’s lounge.
What We Do:
- August: Kindergarten Tailgate
- September: Open House/Student Directory
- October: The Gilkey Gallop/Fall Book Fair/Box Tops DUE
- November: Staff Luncheon/Mini Grants
- December: Santa Shop/Yankee Candle
- February: Box Tops DUE/Winter Book Fair/Staff Luncheon
- March: Reading Night /Book Swap
- April: Support Earth Week Activities
- May: Staff Appreciation Week/B.O.G.O. Book Fair
- June: Spring Fling/Adopt-A-Week Watering/Weeding Garden Circle
- Staff Birthdays
- Teacher Wish List (2x year)
- Box Tops, Harding’s, Spartan, Aunt Millie’s, Tyson, www.smile.amazon.com
- Food Donations (Staff Luncheons, Open House, Food Pantry Requests)
How You Can Help:
- Volunteer time during an event (usually 1-3 hours)
- Purchase food/school supplies
- Donate money towards event materials or supplies
Check out all the ways you can help the Gilkey Parents Club by clicking on our GPC Fundraising Info Sheet!