Plainwell Community Schools offers gifted and talented students challenging educational opportunities through its Visions program. The program consists of identifying students with extraordinary ability; offering challenging classes and events for gifted and talented students; and information/meetings for parents of gifted and talents students.
2018-2019 Visions Classes
4th grade -- Tuesdays:
10-9-18 through 12-11-18 and 1-15-19 through 3-19-19
"Shark Attack" -- meets in the Starr Science Lab. Students learn myths and facts about sharks, present researach reports on many shark species, and observe a dissection of a preserved Spiny Dogfish Shark.
"Brainstormers" -- meets in the Starr Art Room. Students work in teams to build various projects.
5th grade -- Thursdays:
10-4-18 through 12-13-18 ( no class on 11-22-18) and 1-17-19 through 3-21-19
"C.S.I. Plainwell" -- meets in the Starr Science Lab. Students learn about forensics and work in teams to investigate a crime.
"Energy Matters" -- meets in the Starr Art Room. Students learn the engineering design process, as they design and build a working wind turbine.
- If school is canceled due to weather or any other emergency situation, Visions classes are also cancelled.
- Two hour delays — If school is delayed due to weather or any other emergency situation, Visions classes are also delayed for two hours and will start at 9:30 a.m.
- Half days — Visions classes will be held on school half days.
Visions Program Staff
- Laurie Lanphear, Gifted and Talented Program Coordinator
- Char Madison, Middle School Liaison
- PHS Counseling Office, High School Information