Good Afternoon PCS Parents & Guardians,
We hope that you are doing the best you can in this difficult situation that we face as a nation, a community, and as individual families. Please know that we are continuing to develop our materials for learning plans that are required to finish the school year. Our district learning plan was approved yesterday and sent to the Michigan Department of Education by the Allegan Area Educational Service Area. Below are some additional details so you know what to expect in the coming weeks and months. Please reach out to your building principal or classroom teacher if you need additional support or have specific questions or needs.
- Learning continues in current format with existing systems and materials already provided.
- Online learning continues at High School and Middle School level.
- First set of NEW learning packets mailed out to families - please let us know if you are at a different address than what is listed with the school in Infinite Campus.
- New learning and courses continue at the High School and Middle School level.
- Some materials and packets will be available for pick-up but most will be delivered.
- Additional learning packets will be sent to families in May.
- Student and Staff Expectations are listed below by level.
We will continue to provide daily updates from the district via social media.
Please be aware that staff are not in their classrooms and do not have easy access to learning materials at this time. Only limited access is allowed based on requirements of the State.
High School - 2 hours (not to exceed 150 minutes) per day of work on courses (different subjects every day).
Middle School - 1 hour per day (not to exceed 120 minutes) of work on courses (different subject every day).
Elementary - 1 hour per day (not to exceed 90 minutes) of work on packets or online activities.
HS - 3 hours a week of office hours minimum one documented contact per week.
MS - 1 hour a week of office hours minimum one contact per week for TCB course.
Elem - Minimum one contact per week with classroom or caseload students.
Special Education Supports
-Case manager will maintain case load monitoring and individualized needs.
-Devices and additional materials will be provided as needed.
Mental Health Supports
-Counselors/Social workers are available for contact with caseload students and available for high risk/high need students in crisis. Contact your building principal if you need help.
-Continuing with our school meal program 7 breakfast/7 lunches for students with 2 pick-ups a week. Schedule posted online and via social media.
-Good Hands of Plainwell available for weekend meal bags.
-Christian Neighbors is available two days a week for food pantry pick-ups but families must complete the application process.
-Other services available to families by calling 211.
A BIG THANK YOU to our dedicated Food Service Staff who have worked and provided food for our students throughout this closure! Keep up the great work!!
-Middle School is providing another pick-up session for Chromebooks.
-Elementary as needed based on IEP or other identified needs communicated to the principal.
-Tuesday and Thursday will be 10:00-12:00 curbside repair request service.
-WiFi Boosters will be added to MS/HS and Cooper parking lots so people can work from a car for internet access. This is also available at Ransom Library.
Other items of note:
- Summer programs and athletics are likely cancelled until July unless we get permission to do otherwise.
- We will hold graduation ceremonies when we are allowed to do so.
- Students will need their lockers cleaned out - this is To Be Determined.
- Student schedule and class list processes will continue but will be slower than normal.
- Need help or resources? Please ask your teacher or building principal.
- Work Hard & Be Nice - GO TROJANS!