January 17, 2022
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Please be aware that Plainwell Community Schools will be continuing with our masking requirement for students and staff through the school day on Monday, February 7, 2022. Masks will be required for all students, staff and visitors during the instructional day while inside the school building. Masks will NOT be required for extra curricular activities that occur before or after school, this includes sports. Masks will NOT be required outside.
Additional exceptions include:
- Persons in the act of eating or drinking.
- Persons under the age of five years; however, supervised masking is strongly recommended.
- Students with developmental conditions of any age attending school, although supervised masking is encouraged.
- Teachers who are working with children who are hard of hearing or students with developmental conditions who benefit from facial cues.
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA, 42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.) and Michigan Persons with Disabilities Act
If your child is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms listed below please keep them home and get them tested to reduce the risk of any spread or outbreak. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Cough or difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue, muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We continue to ask you to report positive cases to your building administrator or administrative assistants. It is important to have this information to continue to monitor our numbers and keep all students and staff safe. Included in this communication are the latest updated documents from Allegan County Health Department.
Plainwell Community Schools