Do you know someone who has made a difference to a student in your district?
The purpose of the Outstanding People for Education award is to honor and recognize people in public education who are excelling in their field and/or making an impact in the quality of education in Allegan County. Examples of whom you might nominate: a teacher or classroom aide; an administrator, secretary or board of education member; a bus driver, custodian, or other school support staff; a social worker, therapist, or consultant; a volunteer or community member who supports education.
Things to consider when submitting a nomination:
1. Someone involved in public education who has made a difference in the overall quality of education in Allegan County by:
- Demonstrating knowledge and skill in their area of responsibility.
- Developing unique programs that have enhanced the classroom learning experience.
- Playing a leadership role in education.
- Being a true team player in a school setting.
- Providing support for a program, service, or event that significantly impacts education.
- Exhibiting an attitude that promotes a positive working and learning environment and reflects positively on our school district.
2. Someone who has made an impact on the quality of an individual student’s educational experience by:
- Demonstrating sensitivity to the needs of individual students.
- Providing service above and beyond, over and above their job description
Ready to submit a nomination?